This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices of Data Integrated Limited. This privacy notice explains the personal data processes of Data Integrated Limited, how Data Integrated Limited processes it and for what purpose.
Data Integrated Limited offers a wide range of products including devices and software that are used in operations of various enterprises and in the transport industry. Reference to Data Integrated Limited’s products in this notice include Data Integrated Limited’s services, website, applications (apps), software, dashboards and devices.
This privacy notice will explain:
- Collection of personal data
- How we use personal data
- Reasons we share personal data
- How to access and control your personal data
- Legal basis for processing your personal data
- How long we keep your personal data
- The security procedures in place to protect your information
- Cookies and similar technologies
Collection of personal data
Collection of personal data may be through information that you directly provide for us or information that we collect automatically.
Information you provide directly to us is collected when you create an account or profile, make a purchase, request customer support, participate in our surveys, or otherwise communicate with us. The type of personal data collected includes your full name, username, phone number, email address, postal address, demographic information and any other information you may choose to provide.
Further, when you make a purchase of our products and services, we will collect and retain limited payment information from you in order to process your payment. For instance, payment card type and part of your card payment number. We do not collect or retain full card payment numbers.
We collect your information automatically when you access or use our services and products. For example we collect:
- Log information from your use of our website e.g your IP address, access times, web browser type and language.
- Mobile device information when you access our mobile apps e.g operating system version, hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers, Bluetooth signals and app battery usage.
How we use personal data
We may use the personal data collected for various purposes including to:
- Operate, improve and develop our products and services;
- Provide technical support and Customer service by responding to your questions, comments and requests;
- Process transactions that you request, deliver products and services requested, send invoices and send updates and security alerts;
- Market our products and services to you, target advertise, communicate about relevant offers, promotions and events of Data Integrated Limited that may be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Data Integrated Limited and others;
- Personalize and improve the products and services and make recommendations to users;
- Fulfill any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected;
Reasons we share personal data
We may share personal data for the following reasons:
- With vendors, consultants, agents and other service providers who need such information to perform services on our behalf. The vendors, consultants and agents however must abide by our Data Protection Policy and are not allowed to use the personal date for any other purpose other than performing their agreed upon services on our behalf;
- When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction;
- In response to a request for the information, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- Between and among Data Integrated Limited and any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Access and control your personal data
In exercise of your data protection rights, you can access, control and restrict the use the personal data that Data Integrated Limited has obtained for instance:
- You can request access to, erasure of and updates to your personal data.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional communication from Data Integrated Limited.
- You can deactivate promotional / non-promotional notifications or alerts sent to your mobile device.
Note that even if you deactivate or opt out of the promotional communication, we may still send you non-promotional emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
In some cases however, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data where we have legal basis to do so. Our legal basis in your case includes consent and legitimate interest.
For instance, if you sign up for a promotion we will require your consent to collect and use your personal data. Your consent will in turn allow us to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, to provide products and services requested by you and to process payments among other things.
Where we rely on consent to process your data, you may withdraw the consent given at any time. You may also object to, or request that we restrict certain processing of your personal data.
We also rely on several legitimate interests in processing your data. For example, we process your data to detect and prevent fraud, understand our users and industry trends, develop and improve our products and services, and send you marketing communications.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Our data retention periods are based on business needs and legal requirements. We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary – minimum of 2 years – for the purposes for which we originally collected it, or as needed to provide the products or services to you, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
We may retain data for historical, statistical or research purposes and will ensure that your personal data is protected against access or use for unauthorized purposes. At the expiry of the retention period, we shall destroy or delete personal data in a manner that prevents its deconstruction in an intelligible form.
You may request that we delete your information, but note that we may retain certain information as reasonably needed to comply with law, meet regulatory requirements, or for legitimate purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may also ask us to provide you access to, or a copy of, your information, or correct the information we have about you. If you wish to make these requests, please submit a support request via the contact details provided in this policy.
The security procedures in place to protect your information
We are committed to data security and the technologies and procedures to ensure protection of your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. To achieve this we:
- protect data against accidental loss
- prevent unauthorized access, use, destruction or disclosure
- ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- restrict access to personal information
- conduct privacy impact assessments
- train staff and contractors on data security
- manage third party risks, through use of contracts and security reviews
Cookies and similar technologies